Here’s what I could have been doing with the time I’ve spent on Facebook in the past few years:
– writing that novel. Actually, without Facebook, I’d have completed the trilogy and I’d be halfway through the screenplay.
– actually learning how to take decent photographs, rather than having to squint and twist my head in order to figure out who I can identify and tag in the ones I upload.
– meeting up with those friends that I’d genuinely like to keep as friends, rather than endlessly sifting through friend requests from people I may (or quite possibly may not) have gone to primary school with.
– discovering the more educational parts of the internet. I hear there’s stuff out there about philosophy, art and world economics, but I keep stalling at ‘Live Feed’.
– learning about what Stephen Fry is doing at this exact moment in time. Oh, no, hang on – I have managed to squeeze that in.