No WiFi tops list of 40 most boring things in life
A study of 2,000 adults found having to endure periods without Wi-Fi is considered the most tedious thing among those polled.
Coronavirus press conferences and video adverts you cannot skip also made the top five – along with waiting for websites to load and politics.
Those who take photos of their food and share the images on social media, company meetings, and Coldplay are also considered dull.
As are waiting for your partner to get ready, having to put the bins out, and rice cakes.
It also emerged that four in 10 of those polled said their life is currently ‘quite boring’ or ‘very boring’ – but 72 per cent intend to make a concerted effort to have ‘more fun’ this year.
The research, commissioned by Jet2holidays, found half of adults intend to liven things up by going on vacation – and they’re planning an average of two getaways.
A spokesperson for the holiday provider said: “There are plenty of aspects of our lives which we find mind-numbing and boring and the last two years have certainly not helped.
“But we hope the findings will inspire people to go out and up their fun quotas – there is a whole world of fun out there just waiting to be explored.”
The study found the typical adult spends 85 minutes a day feeling bored – the equivalent of 22 days each year.
And the average adult finds themselves with absolutely nothing to do twice a day. While more than a third (36 per cent) admitted it’s been so long since they had fun that they can ‘hardly remember’ what having fun is.
The research also identified the biggest ‘boredom busters’ – holidays, reading, hobbies, meeting friends, and exercise.
TOP 40 MOST BORING THINGS IN LIFE
1. Having no Wi-Fi
2. Hearing about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
4. Coronavirus press conferences
5. Video adverts you can’t skip before a video you actually do want to watch
6. People taking photos of their food
7. Accepting ‘Cookies’
8. Watching golf
10. Junk mail
12. Formula 1
13. Doing the ironing
14. Jacob Rees-Mogg
15. Waiting for the last minute of the washing machine cycle to finish
17. Kanye West
19. Having to go to the depot to collect a missed parcel
20. Cleaning windows
21. Tax forms
23. Company meetings
24. Doing the washing up
25. Waiting for your partner to get ready
26. Rice cakes
27. Trailing round the shops after your partner
28. Adele’s music
29. Hearing about other people’s dreams
31. Removing moss from the patio
32. Updating your CV
33. Waiting for the kettle to boil
36. Applying for jobs
37. Taking the bins out
39. Sending meter readings
40. Building flat-pack furniture