What Brits want in their Dream Home – Ensuite bathroom tops list!
Brits ‘dream home’ requirements include ‘mundane’ amenities like an en-suite bathroom ahead of top-of-the-range extras such as a home cinema or a swimming pool.
En-suites topped the list of what we would have in our ‘money-no-object home’, with walk in wardrobes coming in second. Simply having more natural light was third on the list, followed by a summer house in the garden and a bigger kitchen.
Just one in three adults would opt for a swimming pool – indoors or outdoors – in their dream home. And only 22 per cent would want it to come equipped with a state-of-the-art gym.
Despite having low expectations, only 18 per cent of respondents believe they currently live in their ‘dream home’.
Another 64 per cent don’t think they’ll ever make it to dream home status, as 75 per cent blame a lack of money and 13 per cent simply don’t think they’d ever find the perfect property. But three in 10 say fantasising about their dream home is one of their ‘go to’ daydreams, spending an average of 14 minutes a day imagining an upgraded living space.
The research was commissioned by The Grand Draw, which is offering Brits the chance to win a £1.1 million mansion – Orleton House – in a raffle.
Tickets for the raffle are 10 for £5, and if £1.7m worth of entries have been bought by June 30th, the winner will become the proud new owner of Orleton House near Ludlow, Shropshire. Two charities – Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity and Beacon – will also split £100,000.”
WHAT BRITS WANT IN THEIR DREAM HOME:
1. An en-suite bathroom
2. Walk-in wardrobes
3. More natural light
4. A summer house
5. A bigger kitchen for baking/cooking
6. A state-of-the-art kitchen
7. A place in the countryside/further from the city
8. More kitchen cupboard space for stocking up food
10. A home within walking distance to local food shops
11. More separate rooms for things such as a separate dining room and living room
12. A huge patio/decking for BBQs
13. Indoor/covered pool
14. A bigger living space for indoor activities
15. Numerous spare bedrooms
16. Window seat
17. Rooftop terrace
18. A home closer to a park or green space
19. A space for a massive TV
20. Outdoor hot tub
21. A home cinema space
22. ‘Grounds’ rather than a garden
23. A ‘cave’ or games room with pool tables, arcade machines and a bar
24. Outdoor swimming pool
25. A state-of-the-art gym
26. Indoor Jacuzzi
27. A built-in wine cooler/drinks fridge
28. A place with kind neighbours
29. A home mini-bar with beer taps or drinks fridge
30. A house on a quiet street for children to play in safely