Are you aiming to become a world-class model? You might have been dreaming to see yourself in photoshoots and advertisements in magazines and TV. Or maybe you want to become a brand ambassador and represent some brands at their events?
There are many jobs for aspiring models, and while many want to make it in cities like Paris and Milan, cities in Asia such as Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Singapore are also good places to find modeling jobs.
If you’re eyeing to make it in Singapore, here are some tips that you can try so that you can book that modeling gig.
- Be confident – the first tip may seem silly, but it is nonetheless true. You need to be confident in yourself and your abilities. While there are popular models who might have gone to modeling schools to perfect their skills, many would say that it is not necessary. You can teach yourself to pose and look like a model. You just have to want it bad enough and to believe in yourself enough. When you feel confident, the people around you will see it and they will become more interested in you.
- Research the market – if you want to model in Singapore, you need to do your research on the type of models that often get work there. There are certain projects that call for a specific look at the model, and while you may be beautiful, you may not fit the criteria. This should not discourage you as you just need to research more to find the job where your looks and skill will be needed.
- Update your portfolio – while you don’t need to spend a lot of money on an expensive photo shoot, it would be a good idea to at least update your portfolio so that you have something to present should an opportunity arise. If you can’t afford a professional photographer, get a hobbyist friend to do it for you instead. This way, they can practice and improve their skills on you and you get to improve your modeling skills while getting new photos for your portfolio as well.
- Network yourself – learn to establish a good relationship with those in the business. If you’ve worked with fashion shoots, make sure to get the contact numbers of the makeup artists, stylists, and photographers you have worked with so that they can consider you for a future job. Aside from that, you can use social media to be in contact with them.
- Work with a good agency – the truth is, despite having a good photoshoot or a lot of contracts in the industry, Models in Singapore should aim to have a good agency to work with them so that they can be promoted to the market. A good agency will be able to assist you in finding jobs that are searching for a model that matches your looks and skills. They can also help should there be any legal issues such as travel visas and contracts that you need to sign when booking a job.