COMPETITION: Show us the record that changed your life with a #SleeveSelfie and win a Teac record player
You can call it making a #sleeveface or even #vinyling, but with the popularity of the selfie sky-rocketing and the popularity of vinyl steadily rising amongst retro-lovers and hipsters, what better way to hijack a narcissistic trend with your favourite vinyl art than taking a #SleeveSelfie?
Here at ShinyShiny we want to see your best #SleeveSelfie and to give you an incentive to start posing with your vinyl we’re giving away an awesome record player and £100 worth of vinyl albums to two of our lucky winners (more details to be announced soon). You can even share a few words about why that record changed your life.
The record player is the fabulous Teac LP-P1000 – which packs a turntable, CD recorder, AM/FM tuner and Bluetooth (for smartphones), and will record vinyl to CD and USB. It normally sells for around £350
More info here.
Also up for grabs is £100 worth of your choice of vinyl albums.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Take a selfie, but cover up your face with your favourite sleeve. You can be as inventive as you like, dress up in the style of the cover art, recreate an iconic scene, or just hold up a record in front of your cat.
2. Tag your photo #SleeveSelfie and share it on Twitter or Instagram.
3. We’ll keep an eye out for entries and feature them here on ShinyShiny.tv as well as at sleeveselfie.tumblr.com.
4. We’ll then pick a #SleeveSelfie at random at 5pm on Friday 11th April 2014, as well as the most inventive #SleeveSelfie – either the cleverest pic or the smartest words will win a prize.
You can read our competition T&Cs below and if you have any further questions please contact me via email: [email protected].
Terms and Conditions
1. You can enter as many photos as you want.
2. All entries must be tweeted or shared on Instagram and contain the hash tag #SleeveSelfie.
3. The competition closes at 5pm on Friday 11th April 2014. No entries will be considered after then.
4. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Ireland.
5. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. There will be two winning entries. One will be picked at random, the other will be the one which is most original, visually appealing and in keeping with the #SleeveSelfie theme.
7. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date.
8. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
9. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere.
10. Only include close-up photographs of people in your entry if they have consented to having their photograph taken. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they have permission to include the subject in their entry.
11. The copyright for the image remains with the entrant. However, by entering a photo into the competition, you give ShinyShiny permission to use your photos for other promotional purposes and include them in any other material, such as on ShinyShiny, in an iPad magazine and on the #SleeveSelfie Tumblr.
12. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Image via Joydeeo’s Instagram.