You’ll be able to order food from your iPhone with a new app from grocery giant Tescos. Described as a shopping portal that is specifically optimised for the iPhone, it is basically the equivalent of the Tesco’s website but on mobile phone.
Laura Wade-Gery, CEO for tesco.com comments: “We’re always looking for ways to make life easier for customers. The iPhone app creates a fantastic new way to shop with tesco.com whenever you want, whether you’re adding last minute essentials or starting a new order.”
It’s free and lets you do a bunch of different things – though you need to have an account with Tescos.com to be able to order anything.
The tesco.com grocery app allows customers to:
– Add/remove products from an existing order
– Login to their grocery account
– Book a delivery slot
– Search for and add products
– Browse for products by department, shelves, aisles etc.
– Browse ‘Favourites’
– Display nutritional and storage info for products (not available for all products)
– Seamlessly integrate their mobile grocery shopping with the same order on a computer
– Checkout via their mobile or online
The Tescos app was first released on the Ovi store a month ago.
Will you use it?