When the chairman was introducing this on stage, he said – “it’s big, it’s really big”. And the blighter is. We can’t call it a tablet, it’s definitely still a phone, but its 4 inch screen and spacious slide out QWERTY keyboard push it a bit more into tablet terriority. So does its focus on the business market.
Little widgets that let you view and edit Excel documents and Powerpoint presentations make this gadget one for the suits. There’s also a Microsoft-powered instant chat application. Aluminum casing and a clear AMOLED screen with some blacker-than-black colour wizardry makes it all look pretty sleek and attractive.
Pre-installed productivity apps include Vlingo, F-Secure Antitheft, QuickOffice and World Traveler. The multitasking was smart, but I have to say the software jammed twice while we were previewing it so I wasn’t wowed by what’s on the inside. Video review out later though.
On a personal note, I’m probably the sort of customer more impressed by the N8 -Nokia’s other top product – which is glossier media-focussed phone.
The launch of the E7 is slated for beginning of Quarter 4 which is October, it will cost around 500 euros.
Dimensions: 123.7 x 62.4 x 13.6 mm (L x W x H)
Weight: 176 g
Media Storage/Memory: 16GB mass memory
Video Playback: Video recording, Performance: encoding 25 fps, decoding 30 fps,
Music Playback: radio, music player,
Main Camera: Image capture: 8 megapixels
Video capture: HD 720p
Flash: dual led
• WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/n
than on most other smartphones BT3 0 with support for stereo headsets
• BT3.0 • Positioning with GPS, A-GPS, WLAN and Cell-ID
• Micro-USB 2.0 high speed for file transfers and charging
• USB On-the-Go
• Nokia AV connector 3.5 mm for audio input/output and TV out
• HSDPA Cat9, maximum speed up to 10.2 Mbps, HSUPA Cat5 2.0 Mbps
Operating times (estimates)
• Talk time (GSM/WCDMA) – 9 h /5 h
• Standby (GSM/WCDMA) – 18 d /20 d
• Free worldwide satellite car and walk navigation from Ovi Maps in over 70 countries
• Built in premium guides from Lonely Planet and Via Michelin for tips on travel, restaurants, weather and hotels
A rich multimedia experience
• HD quality imaging and cinematic sound
• Shoot and edit photos and video with a 8 MP camera
• Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound and HDMI connection
Colors Silver White, Green, Blue, Orange, Dark Grey
• Three fully customizable home screens
• Live updates from Facebook, Twitter, and RenRen