A compact but high-specced camera is the latest addition to Canon’s luxury digital camera range – IXUS.
The IXUS 300 HS shoots pictures at 10 megapixels and High Definition video, and it specialises in taking shots at high speed – great for fast-moving scenes, and in low-light environments. Features include manual controls and the wide-angle lens with 3.8 optical zoom.
We love the tapered ends – a trend for gadgets recently I’ve noticed – and the four colours: blasted steel silver, matt black, glossy white or high gloss red.
Fun internal features include face-recognition and a wink-operated self-timer. Here are the main specs:
IXUS 300 HS key features:
– High performance IXUS in a stunning stainless steel body
– 10.0 Megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS
– Bright f/2.0, 28mm, 3.8x genuine Canon lens with optical Image Stabilizer
– HS System with DIGIC 4 for fast shooting and low noise in low light
– 240 fps Super Slow Motion Movie. High-speed Burst: 8.4 shots/sec4
– Wide 7.5 cm (3.0″) PureColor II G LCD with enhanced strength and visibility
– Smart Auto and Smart Flash Exposure for great photos in all situations
– HD movies (720p) with optical zoom, stereo sound and HDMI
– Creative shooting with P, Av and Tv modes, Low Light, Fish-eye and Miniature
– Smart Shutter with Smile, Wink Self-Timer and FaceSelf-Timer
Price: The IXUS 300 HS, black and silver will be for sale end of May 2010 at £379.00
The IXUS 300 HS (white) is exclusively on sale at Jessops
The IXUS 300 HS (red) is exclusively on sale at John Lewis