Canon has just released its most advanced consumer digital SLR camera to date. If you are a keen amateur professional, this is probably the best bit of kit you can get your hands on right now. The EOS 550D comes from Canon’s acclaimed EOS range and melds some impressive features with a compact, light-weight body.
The camera has 18 Megapixel resolution and a 9-point Auto Focus (AF) system giving extraordinary detail in large prints. DIGIC 4 image processing means the images are saved and stored with minimum noise.
From the user’s point of view, it’s also one of the lightest digital SLRs out there.
A few nice features:
Shooting in the dark – Shooting in low light is made easy thanks to the advanced ISO range of up to 6400. Summer parties, weddings and barbeques can be difficult to capture when light levels drop, but the EOS 550D makes it simple to capture excellent images in the dark without using the flash
High definition video – EOS 550D also shoots High Definition videos in full 1080p resolution. Full manual control allows users to creatively tune settings to suit the subject, providing the flexibility to capture all kinds of action, from family gatherings to fast-moving sports.
Those features in full:
• Capture large, detailed prints with the 18 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
• Exceptional speed, colour and low noise with DIGIC 4 image processing
• Outstanding quality video with Full HD (1920x1080p) recording
• Extreme low light shooting with 100 – 6400 ISO, expandable to 12800
• Never miss a thing with high-speed 3.7fps continuous shooting
• Crystal clear playback on the high-resolution, 7.7cm (3.0″) 3:2 Clear View LCD
• Enjoy detail across the frame with the 9-point AF system
• Dust-free shots with the EOS Integrated Cleaning System
• All day shooting with the new LP-E8 high capacity battery
The Canon EOS 550D available from 24th February 2010