HTC #MWC15 live update – HTC One M9 and HTC Grip launch
HTC One M9 will be available mid-march in silver, grey, pink and gold #MWC15 #UpgradeToOne pic.twitter.com/KKKHQUZvmW
— ShinyShiny (@shinyshiny) March 1, 2015
Here’s what we know so far. HTC CEO Peter Chou has been on the stage and has said the following about HTC’s latest flagship phone – the sucessor to the HTC One M8. The HTC One M9 will be available mid-march in silver, grey, pink and gold.
1. The product name has been confirmed as HTC One M9 (as if we didn’t know!)
2. The M9 is made almost entirely out of metal, a new industry standard for luxury. Chou says that the silver and gold finish has never been seen in the market before.
3. The phone will feature a SnapDragon 810 processor and HTC Sense 7
4. It has a facility that enables users to swipe up with three fingers on the HTC One M9 to transfer media to your smart TV screen
5. There will be BoomSound speakers again on the M9. The front-facing speakers now deliver 5.1 surround sound
6. The HTC Sense 7 includes themes – even from a photo you just took, including matching app icons! Chou said: “What about the all-important selfie? The M9 has an ultra-wide angle lens and lets in 300% more light.”
7 The HTC One M9 has scratch-resistant sapphire glass
8 The 2nd gen Dot View case lets you play games and create custom messages
And the other big story – the HTC Grip. It’s a smart fitness tracker with five sensors including GPS, and it works with Android and iOS.