– Grant Shapps MP (@grantshapps) March 19, 2014
The Tories are currently in the midst of a particularly LOL-worthy PR fail after MP Grant Shapps tweeted a condescending ad aimed at “hardworking people”. Yes, it’s real and some have said proves yet again that we can rely on the Tories to march along blissfully unaware of how out of touch with us poor, drunk, debt-ridden simple folk they really are.
Unsurprisingly, Twitter’s reaction was fierce, instantaneous and absolutely hilarious, spawning the #ToryBingo hash tag.
The tweets and memes that followed have been hilarious and here are just a few of our favourites. If you want to make your own then visit torybingo.com and feel free to add it in the comments below.
There were jokes about what poor people eat…
– Steve Clark (@steveclarkuk) March 20, 2014
…and how they’re forced to live.
Can’t heat my house enough to stay alive, 45. #torybingo
– Wings Over Scotland (@WingsScotland) March 19, 2014
Then the tables turned and digs started pouring in that questioned the hobbies of the rich…
– Mr B. Rap City (@kid_smoke) March 19, 2014
Number One. Eat Roast Swan. #torybingo
– John Prescott (@johnprescott) March 19, 2014
…and even their favourite Sunday pastimes.
– Manchester Hunt Sabs (@MancHuntSabs) March 20, 2014
77, let’s frack Devon #torybingo
– mizzlizwhizz (@mizzlizwhizz) March 19, 2014
It’s unconfirmed, but people may have also started making fun of the way Tories speak.
– Nick Smith (@NickfromNews) March 20, 2014
A poor person must have read a book at some point to draw this harrowing comparison.
No idea who did this but it is brilliant. pic.twitter.com/RkCsR0MBsz
– emily bell (@emilybell) March 20, 2014
This pretty much sums up the views of the nation….
– David Schneider (@davidschneider) March 20, 2014
…and this sums up the views of the Tories.
Screw the poor – 44 #torybingo
– Martin Shapland (@MShapland) March 19, 2014