Fantastic London commuting pics – doesn't the city look pretty?

PJ1.jpg

Ever taken a snap from the train or the bus on the way home? Well London commuter pj2014 aka Paul Jarman has been doing it pretty much every night with some stunning results.

It is fair to say that his journey home – he takes the Clipper boat on The Thames back to Docklands – might just be a bit prettier than yours – but still he takes stunning images.

Explaining how he does it PJ says ‘5% of the snaps on Instagram were taken with a Nikon s9100. The beauty of this compact camera is it’s 18x zoom which is very handy when you can’t be bothered to walk in a forwardly direction.The other 95% of snaps were taken with the iPhone4.

The majority of images have been taken aboard the Thames Clipper, which runs from Westmister to Woolwich. Most ‘pro’ photographers don’t use the Clipper for photography as they prefer their cameras to use slow shutter speeds.. clearly a fast shutter speed is essential given the inherent movement of the boat.

The only app I use is Google’s Snapseed – this can enhance brightness, contrast, saturation etc

PJ2.jpg

PJ3.jpg

pj4.jpg

PJ5.jpg

pj6.jpg

PJ7.jpg

Pj8.jpg

pj9.jpg

pj10.jpg

By Ashley Norris | April 11th, 2014





Ashley NorrisFantastic London commuting pics – doesn't the city look pretty?